Statement from the League regarding Coronavirus:
At this time the NWYFL Management Committee is monitoring the official Government advice, in line with the current advice we are continuing the League as normal.
When that advice changes such that our activities are impacted or the FA issue explicit actions we need to adhere to, then we will make the appropriate decisions and will communicate them.
If Clubs have a coach that is self isolating, and require fixtures to be postponed as there is no qualified person to take the team, then please let the League know and we will postpone as required.
As per the current advice, the most important thing individuals can do to protect themselves remains washing their hands more often, for at least 20 seconds, with soap and water. Make sure you cough or sneeze into a tissue, put it in a bin and wash your hands.
The Government has already stated that in the coming weeks, they will be introducing further social distancing measures for older and vulnerable people, asking them to self-isolate regardless of symptoms.
This is something Clubs could start to consider and communicate to their older members and spectators.
Please check the NHS and GOV.UK websites for the latest advice, their current advice is as follows:
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
* wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
* always wash your hands when you get home or into work
* use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
* cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
* put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
* try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
* do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
* a high temperature
* a new, continuous cough
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.