Fairford Youth Football Club offers the opportunity for Children in our area to play football in a structured and fun way.
All our coaches are qualified to coach youth football as well as having up to date CRC, Safeguarding Children and First Aid conformance.
The aims of the Club are as follows:
- To encourage and promote the development of football within the community of Fairford and surrounding areas, no matter age and ability.
- The club will strive to provide an opportunity for players of both sexes to participate in football at all age levels.
- We will endeavor to facilitate the provision of the best playing amenities and equipment available to us in line with the growth of football in Fairford.
- Encourage sportsmanship and fair competition at the highest possible levels.
- To ensure we maximise the potential any child who passes through our club by excellent coaching and encouragement.
“We want all children that the football club comes into contact with to ‘Fall in love with football’ and to become a lifetime passion”. Tony Warrington Club Development Officer.
Use a positive and enthusiastic manner with players at all times
Deliver realistic game-related practices
Use games whenever possible in training giving them time to practice and extend learning
Connect with the players before the season outlining the aims, objectives and specific targets
Connect, activate, demonstrate and consolidate in every session
Value and work equally across the FA four corner model
Include elements of transition in all practices and sessions where possible
Use a carousel approach to practice design maximising playing time
Use varied coaching styles based on the needs of the individuals and the group
Develop practices that enable the players to make lots of decisions
Spend equal time delivering, planning and reviewing
Aim for a minimum of 70% ball rolling time in all sessions